Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Baby Doll Blankets

Christmas was a big hit! Sammi loved the baby doll beds I posted before. She also loves the baby doll blankets. They were so easy to make and the perfect size for baby dolls.


The pink blanket is flannel. It's about 20 inches square. We just turned over the edge and hemmed it. Seriously took less than 10 minutes!

The blue and green blanket is from two fat quarters I had. I sewed them together right-sides facing. I left a small opening, turned it out and then sewed around the blanket to give it a finished look. I even used one of the fancy stitches on my 25 year old Bernina! Again, less than 10 minutes.

The quilt is a simple 9 patch. I made the square about 4.5 inches so they'd be 4 when sewn with a .25" seam allowance. I used super thin cotton batting. Then I just sewed straight lines along the 9 squares to quilt it. This one took a little longer, but not much. It took me about 30 minutes of sewing.

Sammi has loved wrapping her dolls up in doll-sized blankets. It adds to the reality of her pretend play!

add to kirtsy

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home