Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yellow Baby Blanket

Here's another project I'm working on. It's a baby blanket with the shell pattern. I bought the yellow yarn a few years ago for another baby blanket for my friend and started this blanket with the leftovers. I ran out and had to buy another skein. Since the last time I bought the yarn, they've changed the look of it a bit! The new yarn is more shiny and smooth. If you look closely you can see where the old yarn stops and the new yarn starts! Oops. That's my lesson in attempting a large project with leftovers!

This blanket has been a lot of fun, but I can only work on it when my little one is sleeping. Otherwise she tries to play with the part that's already done which is difficult since it's still attached to the part I'm crocheting now!

add to kirtsy

2 comments:

i love this bright sunshine yellow!
i went on a craze for crocheting baby blankets and it takes me so long to make just one!
i love the shell stitch, it's very pretty

Thanks! I love the brightness of the blanket, too. I am quite slow at finishing these crochet projects, myself. I usually end up making the blanket smaller than originally planned! Most of my friends had small babies so it's been okay, but my first baby was big so I can't count on that this time around!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home