Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bible Bread Sandwiches

I haven't had many cravings during pregnancy, but this is one sandwich that I have craved over and over again! When I was a little girl we used to get Bible Bread Sandwiches at the health food store. I had completely forgotten about them until last year when my mom reintroduced me to them. Here's the recipe:

  • Pita Bread, sliced for sandwiches (I usually use whole grain pita bread)
  • chopped cabbage mixed with mayonnaise
  • slices of cheese (provolone or cheddar, or whatever is in the fridge)
  • slices of tomato
  • Spike seasoning, any seasoning salt would work, but Spike is the original and therefore the "right" flavor for the sandwich!
  • alfalfa sprouts
Layer the cheese, then tomatoes then the cabbage/mayo mixture into the pita pocket. Sprinkle Spike on the cabbage part down to the very bottom of the pita pocket. Don't pour on too much; Spike can be a little strong for such a small amount of food. Then cram in the alfalfa sprouts. It makes a very full pita pocket sandwich.

Sit down with a napkin and enjoy! I think I'll go have another...

add to kirtsy

1 comments:

This looks so good. It makes me want one right now!! How can I subscribe to this blog so I can get all your entries? I have just gone thru May & April to catch up. It was a lot of fun seeing all the things you are doing. Love Mom

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home