Sunday, April 27, 2008

Baby Dress

I finished the newborn baby dress last night. After I braved starting the piping it just took off from there! I was so giddy about finishing it that I could hardly go to sleep. And it was the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning. I love the pattern and I think it is a darling dress. Now I just have to wait four more months for the baby to arrive so I can dress her in it!

In the meantime, I am still tinkering with the larger size for Sammi. It's fun to have her around to try it on. It makes it a lot easier. At this point, I just need to sew the piping in and put the accent fabric around the bottom. Hopefully I'll finish it this week.

add to kirtsy

6 comments:

Love it! Cute booties, too! I saw you put it in the flickr pool too...very cool!

Oops. That last comment was from me. I accidentally posted from my babies user profile... (:

Thanks, again, Rae for your wonderful pattern and for your comments.

How do you make the booties? Do you use a pattern? I also made the dress from Made by Rae and would LOVE to make matching booties!

The pattern for the shoes is from Stardust Shoes. It's a fun pattern and pretty easy. I would use a lighter weight interfacing than I did (I think I used medium weight) because it was a little stiff when the shoe was all finished.

Hello!
I am going to try sewing this for my 8.5 months old baby, perhaps to make it fit 1T. This will be my first project sewing for a baby, I have been sewing for my dollies in the past (pictures in my blog).

Any idea how much should I reduce your pattern to make it 1T? Thank you.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home